In December, 2007, current gop presidential frontrunner donald trump went on CNN for a lengthy interview with Wolf Blitzer in which he discussed the then current state of politics in the US and in particular the debacle that was the george w bush administration. Following is first a few excerpts from the interview, and then the You Tube video.
Of note is the fact that today, trump makes many of these comments referring to actions and non-actions of Pres. Obama, criticizing today’s America and laying the blame on him. But, if you listen to this recording, he already had those opinions about the country, how good or bad it was, and our standing in the world based on the actions and non-actions of g w b, long before the 2008 election of Pres. Obama. Of interest is his criticism of bush
|administration officials and how incompetent he says they are, especially when considered in light of his current statements critical of Obama administration officials and Hillary Clinton in particular. To trump in 2007, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice could do little else than "wave to the camera" and was incapable of ever making a "deal". And trump knew back then that the void left by the military actions in Iraq would lead to new regimes, worse than that of Saddam Hussein, and that the conflict would extend to other countries. How right he was - but remember where goes the blame.||
T-Shirts, Hoodies, Decorations, Drinkware, Music and
the Irish Drinking Glove, at
As a gop contender for their presidential nomination, trump has merely re-branded his criticisms, making Obama responsible for exactly what he had previously laid upon the administration of g w b.
Said trump, in Dec. 2007:
- The [Iraq] War is a total disaster
- Saddam Hussein Hated Terrorists. When they came into this county.. he would kill terrorists. Now [Iraq] is a breeding ground for terrorists. Now the war is a total catastrophe.
- Wolf Blitzer: Who do you blame?
Well, there is only one person you can blame and that is our current president [Bush].
- Obviously Rumsfeld has been a disaster.
- Condoleezza Rice cannot make a deal. We don’t have the right people doing it.
- The got us into a mess the likes of which the world has probably never seen…. The rest of the world hates us. …The Europeans hate us…. They all hate us because of what has happened.
- This country is just going to get further bogged down… It’s going to go to Iran and it’s going to go to other countries.
- The day we leave it’s all going to blow up. Saddam Hussein will be a nice person compared to the man …that takes over.
- The day we pull out it’s going to explode.
- Everything in Washington has been a lie. Weapons of mass destruction was a total lie. It was a way of attacking Iraq, which he thought was going to be easy.
- Now they’re doing this whole scandal with the US Attorneys. Now they’re finding emails. And it’s proven to be a lie.
- Everything is a lie. It’s all a big lie.
While trump continues to criticize bush, he still spreads the blame to a President who did not take office until more than a year later.